We’re looking to add a Support Manager to our Vancouver office!
If you’re interested in this position, apply here!
Reports To: COO
Experience: 7 years
So, why work for Nucleus Networks?
Founded in Kitsilano, BC, in 2001, Nucleus is an award-winning Managed IT Services provider with more than a decade of experience providing IT project services, IT support services, and IT strategy services to businesses across Canada. We are one of BC’s top 5 Best Workplaces and a top 5 Finalist for BC’s Best Company, we pride ourselves on our culture, our unique approach to delivering rapid-response IT services, and our continued obsession with providing the best client experience possible!
We are a team of 66 experienced IT Professionals focused on providing all-inclusive or a la carte IT services for organizations with 5 to 500 employees. With offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, and Toronto, 2 full-time resources in Victoria, we provide extended support services to 150+ organizations across multiple industries in Canada within both the public and private sectors.
For back to back years we’ve been recognized as one of BC’s Best Workplaces. We’ve also been recognized as one of North America’s top Managed IT Services Providers as well as one of the top ten MSP's in Canada. Members of our team have also been recognized for multiple years running in the MSP mentor Top 250 list which is a global list recognizing the top experts, entrepreneurs and executives.
Reporting to the COO, the Support Manager ensures Nucleus is living up to its core values of providing an epic client experience and going the extra mile for our clients. The type of support we want to provide is the one where our clients tell their friends all about us; it’s ensuring a positive interaction is experienced whether it be on the phone, via email, or live chat. The Support Manager will act as a mentor, helping our support teams realize their potential. Nucleus’ value proposition is to SUPERCHARGE our clients and the Support Manager will play a pivotal role in the execution of this brand promise as Nucleus pursues being Canada’s leading Managed IT Services Provider for Small and Medium sized businesses.
Overall Responsibilities, General Tasks and Duties:
- Working with team members to help them feel confident and competent in all aspects of their role; engaging our teams with our HR team so that staff have a high level of job satisfaction and engagement
- Daily management, training and coaching of the Service Delivery team in Victoria, Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto
- Instill the “Think Like the Client” ideology into every action and every team member
- Acts as an escalation point to support your team during and outside of business hours
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to your support team and being a strategic leader to elevate our standards
- Ensure we deliver a consistent support experience through creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions
- Planning and organizing the help desk to allow us to continue to scale and grow fast while increasing client satisfaction
- Work with the Director of Client Success to improving operational efficiencies and communication with internal teams and to exceed client standards while also continually seek opportunities to increase client satisfaction and deepen relationships with our clients
- Effective communication of job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising results; development and coaching; initiating, coordinating and enforcing systems, policies and procedures
- Follow up with clients regarding their CSAT surveys and follow through on corrective actions if they are required
- Take over situations with clients that may need to be put back on track
- Assist the Hunan Resources Team with performance reviews, the hiring process, performance improvement plans, onboarding schedule/training and/or coaching for staff to drive performance and job satisfaction
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects
- Ensure the Managed Services team provides accurate and timely resolutions to clients’ issues related to the deployment, troubleshooting, and installation of solutions
- Work with COO to preserve assets by implementing and overseeing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures
- Handle scheduling and coordination of required on-site resources as needed to ensure department coverage; Manage on-call emergency support on a rotating basis amongst the technical support team
- Ensure all requests (via phone, chat, and email) are tracked and maintained accurately
- Produce and maintain weekly reports for the Executive Team that shows the current service level and client satisfaction scores
- Ensure client documentation is up to date
- Maintain a deep knowledge of technology products and services applicable to the client base, including hardware, software and Nucleus services
- Oversee, support and guide Team Leads with roles and responsibilities to ensure department success
- Work with Team Leads to ensure escalations are happening at the appropriate intervals and provide training where required
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems
- Support of backup, disaster recovery, and business continuity solutions
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Office365, Windows Server, Office suite, etc.
- Support services for virtualization technologies
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, and Remote Desktop Services
- Travel will be required
What YOU bring to the table:
- Excellent experience and understanding of the managed services industry
- Possesses independent judgment to make sound, justifiable decisions and take action in solving problems.
- Possesses ability to motivate individuals and groups by creating a positive work environment, quality training, and mentoring.
- 7+ years technical experience is required
- 5+ years in progressively responsible Management roles
- Industry IT Certifications: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, MCITP, Cisco CCNA
- ITIL v3 or v4 knowledge and experience
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems and network systems
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and encourage team members
- Comprehensive understanding of network architecture and client/server technology
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal skills: telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Ability to diagnosis and troubleshoot technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization's key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- Team player!
- An award-winning culture and organization that focuses time and energy on YOU and fostering an awesome workplace
- Weekly deliveries of healthy snacks
- Monthly Staff Socials – we offer an outgoing culture that provides lots of opportunities to connect with your co-workers
- EPIC customer service – to our external clients and internally to our colleagues
- Business Casual Dress Code (Wear Jeans to Work!)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive Salary & Benefits