Want to Join an Award Winning Team?
We’re hiring an IT Support Specialist in Vancouver.
If you’re interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Job Title: IT Support Specialist
Years’ Experience: 4-years
Reports To: Support Manager
Location: Vancouver, BC
Your middle name is trouble-shooter. You love problem solving and helping clients resolve their issues. You will be based out of our downtown Vancouver office, working in a collaborative team environment. You possess excellent communication skills and have a passion for exceptional client service. Your claim to fame is handling client incidents, putting out fires, and providing an exceptional client experience.
Role Duties and Responsibilities:
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems
- Support of backup, disaster recovery, and business continuity solutions
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Office365, Windows Server, Office suite, etc.
- Support services for virtualization technologies
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, and Terminal Services
- Maintain client documentation
- Communication with clients as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems
- Interpersonal skills: such as communication over the phone and in-person, active listening and client-care
- Ability to diagnose technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- ITIL knowledge/experience would be considered an asset