Want to Join an Award Winning Team?
We’re hiring a Field Support Specialist in Vancouver.
If you’re interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Reports To: Support Manager
Your middle name is troubleshooter, you love problem solving and helping clients resolve their issues. You enjoy being in the field, face to face with clients. You will be based out of our office in downtown Vancouver, working in a collaborative team environment. You possess great communication skills and have a passion for exceptional client service. Your claim to fame is handling client incidents, putting out fires, and providing an exceptional client experience.
Overall Responsibilities, General Tasks and Duties:
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems
- Support of backup, disaster recovery, and business continuity solutions
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Office365, Windows Server, Office suite, etc.
- Support services for virtualization technologies
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, and Remote Desktop Services
- Maintain client documentation
- Communication with clients as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Identify client trends and escalate those to the Team Lead and/or Client Success Manager
- Industry IT Certifications: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP
- ITIL knowledge/experience would be considered an asset
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems and network systems
- Interpersonal skills: telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and client-care
- Ability to diagnosis and troubleshoot technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization's key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- Valid driver’s license is a requirement as the majority of the role will be onsite
- Team player!