Location: Vancouver, BC
Department: Project Services
So, why work for Nucleus Networks:
Founded in Kitsilano, BC, in 2001, Nucleus is an award-winning Managed IT Services provider with more than a decade of experience providing IT project services, IT support services, and IT strategy services to businesses across Canada. We are one of BC’s top 5 Best Workplaces and a top 5 Finalist for BC’s Best Company, we pride ourselves on our culture, our unique approach to delivering rapid-response IT services, and our continued obsession with providing the best client experience possible!
We are a team of 75 experienced IT Professionals focused on providing all-inclusive or a la carte IT services for organizations with 5 to 500 employees. With offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, and Toronto, 2 full-time resources in Victoria, we provide extended support services to 150+ organizations across multiple industries in Canada within both the public and private sectors.
For back to back years we’ve been recognized as one of BC’s Best Workplaces. We’ve also been recognized as one of North America’s top Managed IT Services Providers as well as one of the top ten MSP's in Canada.
You are an experienced IT professional who loves challenges and solving business problems with technology solutions. You have previous experience delivering projects of all shapes and sizes, ideally to small and medium sized businesses. This role is not limited to Consulting and you’ll be asked to step in and put out client fires when necessary.
The Consultant role is responsible for on-boarding new clients, delivering technology assessments, implementing new technology, and/or upgrading prospective and existing client information systems. Due to the nature of the work, some work could be scheduled after hours.
Ideally you possess a Help Desk background combined with IT consulting and IT project implementation experience. This is a hybrid role where you will be required to make recommendations on new client infrastructures as well as also deploy new technology as required. You must be comfortable in a client-facing capacity and have excellent communication skills.
We are a team of passionate and innovative tech people, we have fun, iterate fast, dream big and strive 100% of the time to SUPERCHARGE our clients.
Overall Responsibilities, General Tasks and Duties:
- Migrating organizations to the cloud on platforms such as Microsoft Office 365 and Azure
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and Operating systems
- Support of backup, disaster recovery, and business continuity solutions
- Support and deployment services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, RDS, WVD, SQL, etc.
- Experience with Azure CLI and Azure Active Directory
- Support and deployment services for Microsoft Hyper-V and Azure
- Support and deployment services for WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Pre-sales activities such as technical assessments or acting as a subject matter expert in terms of core Microsoft technologies
- Remote access solutions implementation and support: Remote Desktop Services, VPN
- Communication with clients (remotely and in person): keeping them informed of project/incident progress, project status updates, and notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- You strive to achieve 100% client satisfaction with every interaction
- You think like the client and remember that user experience is paramount to your success
- Administration of hosted and cloud solutions
- Maintenance of client documentation for all computer systems, process, and network infrastructure
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for daily time entry in our ticketing tool, Connectwise
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
- Industry IT Certifications: Working towards Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, MCITP
- 1-2 years of experience in Microsoft Azure
- Minimum 5 years experience working for a Managed Service Provider preferred
- Interpersonal skills: communication skills, active listening and client-care
- Extremely quick learner and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure under constant deadlines
- Diagnosis and troubleshooting skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization's key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- Team player!