Want to Join an Award Winning Team?
We’re hiring an IT Support Specialist - Centralized Services in Vancouver.
If you’re interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: IT Support Specialist
Years’ Experience: 1-2 years
Reports To: Support Team Lead
Location: Vancouver, BC
Join part of the engine that powers an award-winning Managed IT Services Provider! Our Centralized Services Team is looking for a Support Specialist to join its ranks. This team is responsible for juggling multiple items at once such as putting out fires, managing client requests, and deploying cutting-edge computers, spanning across all our clients. This is an entry level position responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of workstations. If you’re an outgoing, personable, geek at heart who enjoys going above and beyond to make clients happy, this role is for you!
We are a family of passionate and innovative tech obsessed team members, we have fun, iterate fast, dream big and strive 100% of the time to SUPERCHARGE our clients.
Overall Responsibilities, General Tasks and Duties:
- Scheduling of support requests and communicating with clients
- Setup and rollout of servers, workstations, networking equipment
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Office365, Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, MDT (Microsoft Deployment Toolkit), WDS (Window Deployment Services) etc.
- Support services for virtualization technologies: VMware, and Hyper-V
- Basic networking support: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- You strive to achieve 100% client satisfaction with every ticket
- You think like the client and remember that user experience is paramount to your success
- Administration of hosted and cloud solutions
- Administration of client personnel additions, removals, and other changes needed
- Remote access solution support: VPN, and Remote Desktop Services
- Maintenance of client documentation for all computer systems, process, and network infrastructure
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for daily time entry in our ticketing tool, Connectwise
- Understand processes in Connectwise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the Connectwise University
- Work through a daily schedule in Connectwise that has been established through the dispatch process
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
- Communication with clients as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Rollout of application installations, updates and server updates on a scheduled basis
- Patching of servers and other systems on a regular basis
- Ensuring proper documentation and notes are kept up to date, concise and detailed
- Industry IT Certifications: Working towards Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, MCITP, or VMware VCP
- 1-2 years’ experience preferred
- Interpersonal skills: telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Extremely quick learner and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure under constant deadlines
- Diagnosis and troubleshooting skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization's key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- Team player!